Monday, January 10, 2005

My first day

I'm home now, but really exhausted. I left the house at 7am this morning, and got home just before 6pm. I drove an hour out of city traffic into my hellish suburban traffic and made it back to my apartment, only to realize the only leftover in my fridge is Spanish rice. Not cool when you don't feel like cooking. It's a huge change from my former job in pretty much every way.

The Good
I have my own office on the 44th floor. That, in and of itself, is swanky.
My name is already on said office door. That feels good.
I was treated as a total professional today, and I get the sense that's how this place operates on a daily basis.
I have Monday off for MLK Day.

The Not-so-good
My former 10 minute commute on backroads is now an hour in traffic or 35 minutes in traffic and a scary walk to the train station
Everything is expensive in the city. This includes lunch.
I won't be home until about 6:30 most nights. I'm used to getting home at 4:15. How will I function without Dr. Phil?

So I'm back to the land of the working folk now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home