Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Confessions of a fruit loop

I had a doctor's appt. for my anxiety symptoms last night. HA! Couldn't have been a more fitting day. After a long appointment that consisted of about 30 minutes of waiting, having the male nurse touch my naked breast in an attempt to attach the EKG strips (Yea, right), being stuck twice in unsuccessful attempts to get my blood, I left with less time than I needed for my night and a prescription for Xanax. Lovely.

I get home, chat with Sweetie on the phone, start looking for a suit I like for my interview Tuesday and can't find it. Knowing time is running short because the bank will be closing, I feel myself start to tense up. My fingers get numb, my breathing quickens, and I start to lose focus. It sucks.

So Sweetie and I are chatting on AIM, and I'm getting annoyed from the lingering situation with this weekend. He seems to be ignoring me in favor of talking to her (as has been the case since Saturday, and I'm more than mildly annoyed), so I tell him I've had enough of the situation and I have to go and I sign off. I never do this, so I expect him to call me and ask what's wrong. He doesn't.

I go to the bank and just barely make it home. My anxiety level is so high that you could probably feel the tension in my skin if you touched me. I'm not liking what's happening to my body here.

A few hours and several loads of laundry later, I take a bath and sip a glass of wine, and my body is calming down. I'm guessing that prescription for Xanax will probably be a good idea.

I must admit. I feel like a fruit loop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home