Thursday, October 07, 2004

When it rains, it pours.

I had my review this morning. It went as badly as possible without her firing me on the spot.

Clearly my boss just dislikes me. It's definitely personal, because when I asked for examples of work issues, she had none. She was basically telling me everything she hates about me. I gave it right back to her, and I told her how I heard her talking about my tongue ring and how that was inappropriate and I should have gone to HR because it was discriminatory and all kinds of stuff. She said the tongue piercing was unprofessional and insinuated it had something to do with my interview for the job I didn't get but of course never outright said it.

She pretty much sat there and took it when I said all the tongue ring stuff because she knows I am right. She discriminated against me, and I could argue that so easily since she specifically mentioned it in conjunction with the interview. She also told me several people approached her about it, and I was like, "This is a classic case of Mind Your Own Business. If you don't like it, don't pierce your tongue. But really, this has nothing to do with my position or the respect I feel like I deserve."

Also, Sweetie and I just had lunch. I think he's okay...he just needed to cool down from last night or whatever. He's still a little distant, but he sees how upset I am, so he kind of put it aside I think. I just want to get through this weekend, and I think everything will be okay. We are helping his mom pack up the truck for vacation tonight. She leaves tomorrow and we'll arrive Wednesday. It's so what I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home