Saturday, October 09, 2004

Sick, tired, and frustrated

Sweetie is at the wedding, and as luck would have it, I am on the verge of getting some kind of major illness. I thought it was a hangover from the multiple martinis I drank last night on the deck, but once the lingering nausea and dizziness from that wore off, a more sinister bug set in.

I'm now plagued with that icky, sweaty feeling you get when you're sick, along with the beginnings of a sore throat and just an overall feeling that I'm getting something flu-like. Not pretty, especially considering I have to drive into the city at freaking 2am to pick up Sweetie.

Now that the wedding day is here, I can rest a little easier. This week has been so tense that, sick or not, 2am drive or not, I am just happy to have this bullshit over with. It taught me a lot about loyalty, compromise, and the nature of true love and friendship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home